Caddock MP850 Series
The MP850 Kool-Pak® power film resistors from Caddock include an integral metal mounting surface for highly efficient thermal transfer. The resistance range is from 0.2Ω up to 10KΩ with a power rating of up to 50W at +25°C case temperature derated to zero at +150°C. The MP850 series tolerance is ±1.0% as standard (±0.5%, ±2.0%, ±5.0%, ±10.0% and ±20.0% are available for most resistance values). Caddock MP850 Kool-Pak® power film resistors are constructed with Caddock's Micronox® resistance film fired onto a flat ceramic substrate. The ceramic substrate is bonded to a copper heat sink which becomes the metal mounting surface. This assembly is moulded with the copper heat sink flush with the back surface of the part. The terminal attachment and resistance element geometry are configured to provide outstanding non-inductive performance.
- Kool-Pak® power film through-hole resistor
- Resistance values available between 0.2Ω and 10KΩ
- Copper heat sink integral in the moulded package
- Non-inductive design
- TCR of 0 to +200 ppm/°C (between 0.05Ω and 0.49Ω), -20 to +80 ppm/°C (from 0.5Ω up to 4.99Ω) and -20 to +50 ppm/°C (from 5Ω and above)
- Tolerance of ±1.0% as standard (±0.5%, ±2.0%, ±5.0%, ±10.0% and ±20.0% are available for most resistance values)
- Power rating of up to 50W at +25°C case temperature derated to zero at +150°C
- Resistor element is electrically isolated from the mounting surface
Use your thermal design experience with power semiconductors in TO-126 style power packages to help you get the most out of this unique family of power resistors. The thermal design issues are the same where power handling capability is based on the case temperature which is maintained in your design.
The below table gives the specifications available for the complete MP800 resistor series including the MP850:
* Please see the datasheet for the derating curve.
|Maximum Power Rating||50W|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863/EU