General Resistance 8G16 Econistor Series
The 8G16 Econistor wirewound axial leaded through-hole resistor series from General Resistance offers ultra-precision and excellent long term stability over temperature and time, with a resistance range from 1Ω up to 699kΩ. The 8G16 Econistor series utilises the highest quality copper alloy drawn from melts of known resistivity and controlled temperature coefficients. The windings are balanced multiple π for low reactance. Together these enable the 8G16 Econistor series to have excellent noise levels and lower TCR of ±5 ppm/°C maximum (from -55°C and +125°C).
- Wirewound axial leaded precision resistor
- Available in any resistance between 1Ω and 699kΩ including custom values
- Stocked in many standard resistors and RTD simulation values here at Rhopoint Components
- Wire gauge of 20AWG (0.6mm)
- Excellent stability of ±35ppm/yr
- Noise levels so small they are immeasurable
- Tight tolerance options of ±0.01% (A) and ±0.1% (D) available for the full resistance range
- TCR of ±5 ppm/°C maximum (from -55°C and +125°C)
- Maximum working voltage of 200V
- Power rating of 0.33W (at +85°C, 8G16D model) or ≈0.2W (at +85°C, 8G16A model)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +85°C
- Working temperature from -55°C up to +160°C
The General Resistance ultra-precision wirewound resistors have been used for over 50 years in precision measurement instruments by manufacturers around the world, and should be specified whenever precision circuit operation is to be maintained over a prolonged period of time.
The 8G16 Econistor series are the ideal solution for test and measurement applications including RTD temperature simulation resistors and test and calibration equipment. We stock 21 Pt100 simulation resistance values as standard here at Rhopoint Components, with temperatures from -100°C up to +400°C.
Any custom resistance value can be produced with a low minimum order requirement of 10 pcs for non standard product, this includes additional RTD simulation values that are not standard stocked items.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available in the General Resistance wirewound resistor range including the 8G16 Econistor series:
✝ The 8G24 series has been made obsolete. Some older stock may be available in some instances, please contact us for further details
* For other tolerances, please contact us
** All leads are tinned copper
|Additional Features||RoHS compliant Econistor wirewound axial leaded precision resistors with a wire gauge of 20AWG (0.6mm) and excellent stability of ±35ppm/yr. Noise levels so small they are immeasurable, with a maximum working voltage of 200Vdc (or Vac peak) and a working temperatures up to +160°C. Maximum rated operating temperature of +85°C before power derating.|
|Maximum Power Rating||0.33W (at +85°C, 8G16D model)|
≈0.2W (at +85°C, 8G16A model)
|TCR||±5 ppm/°C maximum (between -55°C and +125°C)|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
|General Resistance 8G16, 5G10 and GG102 wirewound through-hole precision resistor series datasheet|
|General Resistance Non-RoHS (8E16, 5E10 & GG102) to RoHS (8G16, 5G10 & GG102) compliance part number and physical changes document|
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU.