Isotan® is a versatile Copper-Nickel alloy (CuNi44Mn1), low temperature coefficient and high resistance to oxidation and chemical corrosion. While it can be used for electrical resistors and potentiometers, it is not suitable for precision components due to its high EMF compared to Copper. Isotan® can be supplied in wide range of grades, qualities and versions depending on the application and customer's requirements (such as custom standardised temperature range). The most commonly it is used as a negative leg of thermocouple types J, L, T, U or E, extension and compensation leads. Isotan® is available in form of round wires from 0.03 to 10mm2 which can be bare or enamelled (between 0.05-1.5mm2), flat wire, ribbons or rods.
Please see the datasheet in the Technical library for outline guide of properties. When submitting an enquiry for Isotan®, please provide information about the application and/or any specific requirement for the alloy properties - this allows us to judge the best grade/version of Isotan® and offer the best possible price.
- Thermoelectric/Resistance alloy CuNi44Mn1
- Low temperature coefficient of electrical resistance
- High resistance to oxidation and chemical corrosion
- Available in variety of standardised temperature ranges and qualities
- Easy to process - can be soldered, brazed and welded
Typical applications for Isotan® include:
- Negative leg of thermocouple types J, L, T, U and E
- Extension leads JNX, LNX, TNX, UNX and ENX
- Compensating leads type KNBC and W5Re/W26Re
- Electrical resistors and potentiometers (not precision)
- Heating wires, cables and mats
|EMF (vs. Copper at 100°C)||-4.1 to -4.7|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including technical videos, the latest product datasheets, case studies and application notes for your reference. Please see the below for the latest content for this part:
|Isabellenhütte Isotan® Datasheet|
|Isabellenhütte Precision Alloys Brochure|
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU.