DGH D1700 Digital Input/Output Module
The D1700 15-channel digital I/O-to-computer module is part of the DGH's series of modules for monitoring and control of industrial devices through solid state switches. These modules feature 7 input and 8 output bits (models D1701 and D1702) or flexibility by allowing user to define each channel as input or output (models D1711 and D1712). The digital inputs accept a wide signal level input up to +30Vdc and have TTL logic input switches. The open-collector transistor digital outputs will sink 100mA, which is ideal for controlling the solid state relays. The D1700 module uses ASCII communication protocol using RS232 or RS-485 serial communication.
The D1700 comes pre-set with default values of 300 baud, one start bit, eight data bits, one stop bit, no parity and any address recognized, but these values can be easily changed by the user. For extra security, it utilises a non-volatile EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory) to store all user-selectable settings such as the range, meaning the values are maintained in the event of power loss. The modules are designed to be compatible with all popular computers and no software is necessary to start using them, although the utility software is provided. The D1700M module can be mounted on a DIN-rail if required (MK-1 mounting kit required).
- 7 input + 8 output bits or variable choice of 15 digital input/output bits
- Support of RS-232 or RS-485 ports
- Input voltage levels: 0-30V without damage
- Input switching levels: High, 3.5V minimum, Low, 1.0V maximum
- Outputs: Open collector to 30V, maximum load 100mA (D1711/D1712) or 30mA (D1701/D1702)
Vsat: 1.0V max @ 100mA (D1711/1712) or 0.2V max @ 30mA (D1701/D1702)
- User-selectable features include initial values, baud rate, parity type as well as the communications watchdog timer which can move the digital outputs to a safe condition if the RS-232 communication link fails
- Events counter can be used to count positive transitions at bandwidths of 20Hz, 50Hz, 200Hz or 20kHz, from logic "0" to logic "1"
- Internal switching regulator
- Protected against power supply reversals
- Compatible with any popular computer without the need for special hardware
- Power requirements: Serial = 0.75W
- Operating temperature -25°C to +70°C
The applications for the D1700 module series include:
- Product testing
- Energy Management
- Batch Processing
- Interfaces with modems
|Number of channels|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2002/95/EC.