The MPH ultra-precision resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers a wide resistance range from 30Ω up to 30kΩ with tight tolerances down to +0.05% (100Ω to 30kΩ), all in a small surface-mount package. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce resistors with low temperature coefficients and excellent long-term stability. Expanding on the standard Alpha MP series, the MPH series offers gold-plated J-lead terminals making them suitable for higher temperatures of up to +200°C. The gold-plated J-lead terminals provide flexibility compared to standard fixed surface-mount resistors as the resistive element internally is mechanically isolated from the leads via gold wire-bonding.
- Surface-mount ultra-precision resistor
- Available in any resistance between 30Ω and 30kΩ
- Surface-mount moulded package with gold-plated J-lead terminations for high temperatures of up to +200°C
- The resistive element is mechanically isolated from the contact terminals
- Tight tolerance of ±0.05% for resistances between 100Ω and 30kΩ
- Tight TCR of ±5 ppm/°C (from -55°C up to +125°C, between 100Ω and 30kΩ) or ±10 ppm/°C (from -55°C up to +125°C, between 30Ω and 100Ω)
- Maximum working voltage of 50V
- Maximum working current of 0.35A
- Power rating of 0.1W (at +125°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +125°C
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +200°C
Alpha’s MPH surface-mount, ultra-precision resistor series exhibit excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to their Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision applications.
These resistors are constructed using an outer coating of epoxy resin, which provides excellent resistance to moisture, heat and solvents. Internally, the resistive element is mechanically isolated from the lead frames using gold wire-bonding.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha MPH series:
* Please contact us for tighter tolerances