The FRSM ultra high precision resistor series from Vishay Foil Resistors offers a resistance range between 5Ω and 70kΩ, all in a small 2010 surface-mount package with wrap-around terminations. These resistors utilise Vishay Foil Resistor’s newest Z-1 Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology for improved load life stability (up to 25ppm) and higher working temperatures (balanced temperature characteristics over a range from -55°C to more than 175°C). They have nominal temperature coefficients of resistance of ±0.05ppm/°C typical between 0°C to +60°C and ±0.2ppm/°C typical between -55°C to +125°C (+25°C reference) with tolerances available down to ±0.01% between 250Ω and 70kΩ.
- Ultra high precision wrap-around bulk foil chip resistor
- Available in any resistance between 5Ω and 70kΩ
- 2010 package
- Tolerances as low as ±0.01% over the resistance range of 250Ω up to 70kΩ
- TCR as low as ±0.2ppm/°C between -55° and +125°C, +25°C ref.
- Voltage rating 187V
- Power rating of 0.5W at +70°C
- Load life stability of 25ppm typical at 70°C, 2000h at rated power (50 ppm typical at 70°C, 10000h at rated power)
- Thermal stabilization time <1s (nominal value achieved within 10ppm of steady state value)
- Electrostatic discharge (EDS) of at least to 25kV
- Short time overload of ≤0.005% typical
- Rise time as low as 1ns, effectively no ringing
- Current noise of <0.010µVRMS/V of applied voltage (<-40dB)
- Non-hot spot design
- Terminal finishes available: lead (Pb) free, tin/lead alloy
The FRSM Z1 ultra high precision resistor series is also available as EEE-INST-002 compliant for space use. Please see the separate FRSM EEE (space qualified) product pages for further information.
Non-standard technical requirements such as resistance outside of standard range, lower tolerance or TCR are available upon request. Please contact us for further information and availability.
The below table gives full specifications for each resistor model available including the FRSM2010 series:
(1) For tighter TCR and/or resistance values up to 150k, please contact Application Engineering.