The PSB ultra-precision power shunt resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers 4-terminal (Kelvin) connections for current sensing and a power rating of up to 40W on a heat sink or 12W in free air (at +25°C) all with a low ohmic resistance range from 0.001Ω to 1Ω. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to offer excellent temperature characteristics with low temperature coefficients down to ±5 ppm/°C between the resistance range 0.005Ω and 1Ω.
- Ultra-precision power shunt resistor
- Available in any resistance between 0.001Ω and 1Ω
- 4-terminal (Kelvin) connection high power shunt
- High heat dissipation due to aluminium-clad construction with fins
- Power rating of 40W on a heat sink or 12W in free air at +25°C
- Tolerances as low as ±0.1% over the whole resistance range
- Tight TCR available of ±5 ppm/°C between 0.005Ω and 1Ω
- Maximum working current of 100A
- Maximum rated operating temperature +25°C
- Temperature range from -55°C up to +85°C
The PSB ultra-precision shunt resistor series exhibits excellent temperature characteristics thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision and high power applications.
The 4-terminal connections of this high power shunt series offers accurate current sensing capabilities even in low extremity of resistance.
The PSB series has been designed for easy mounting to heat sink or water-cooled radiator as well as with threaded holes to fix cables with screws (Caution: please screw current terminals >5N·m and voltage terminals >1N·m)
Their 4-terminal design and high precision make them ideal for current sensing in precise power supply or motor driver applications.
The below table gives a summary of the specifications and options available for the Alpha PSB series:
* Thermal resistance of the heat sink 1°C/W
Available to use higher rated power with elevation of cooling effect
Please keep temperature of element surface less than +60°C