The ATS series from Alpha Electronics is a resistance transfer standard used to calibrate working standard resistors by using a primary resistor. The ATS series consists of 10 high precision resistors of the same nominal value (R) which are connected in series known as Haymon bridge construction. The ATS unit can be used as a standard resistor due to the low temperature coefficient and high stability features of Alpha Electronics Bulk Metal® foil technology, ensuring very tight matching accuracy.
- Resistance transfer standard for calibrating standard resistors
- Uses Bulk Metal® Foil as a resistive element
- Usable in air without the need of an oil bath due to its superior temperature coefficient
- Very tight matching accuracy
- Excellent long-term stability
- Power rating of 0.01W per resistor element, 0.1W per unit
- Temperature range of +23°C ±10°C
An extremely high precision resistance ratio of 1:100 maximum is obtained by using either the ATS-LC lead compensator or the ATS-SC shorting bar. These configurations consist of:
- connecting the 10 resistors in parallel (1/10*R)
- connecting the 10 resistors in series (10*R)
The ATS-LC lead compensator and the ATS-SC shorting bar are available as additional options.
The ATS series has a weight of approximately 3kg and dimensions of 180mm x 70mm x 332mm.
The below table gives the full specifications for each model available of the Alpha ATS series: