ISOTAN® thermocouple alloy is a versatile Copper-Nickel alloy (CuNi44Mn1), offering a low-temperature coefficient and high resistance to oxidation and chemical corrosion. While it can be used for electrical resistors and potentiometers, it is not suitable for precision components due to its high EMF compared to Copper. ISOTAN® can be supplied in a wide range of grades, qualities and versions depending on the application and customer’s requirements (such as custom standardised temperature range). Most commonly it is used as a negative leg of thermocouple types J, L, T, U or E, extension and compensation leads. ISOTAN® is available in form of round wires from 0.03 to 10mm2 which can be bare or enamelled (between 0.05-1.5mm2), flat wire, ribbons or rods.
Please see the datasheet for an outline guide of properties. When submitting an enquiry for ISOTAN®, please provide information about the application and/or any specific requirement for the alloy properties – this allows us to judge the best grade/version of ISOTAN® and offer the best possible price.
- Thermoelectric/Resistance alloy CuNi44Mn1
- Low-temperature coefficient of electrical resistance
- High resistance to oxidation and chemical corrosion
- Available in a variety of standardised temperature ranges and qualities
- Easy to process – can be soldered, brazed and welded
Typical applications for ISOTAN® thermocouple alloy include:
- Negative leg of thermocouple types J, L, T, U and E
- Extension leads JNX, LNX, TNX, UNX and ENX
- Compensating leads type KNBC and W5Re/W26Re
- Electrical resistors and potentiometers (not precision)
- Heating wires, cables and mats
Isabellenhütte is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision alloys, offering the highest quality on the market. They produce precision resistance and thermocouple alloys for a variety of applications such as the ones listed above for their ISOTAN® alloy. Isabellenhütte & Rhopoint Components are your ideal partners when looking for any alloy requirements. Please visit www.isabellenhuette.de/en/ for more information.