MANGANIN® resistance alloy is a Copper-Manganese-Nickel alloy (CuMn12Ni) invented by Isabellenhütte in 1889 and perfected over the years to excellent quality and long term stability of electrical resistance. It features a very low-temperature coefficient between +20°C and +50°C with a parabolic shape of the R(T) curve, extremely low EMF (vs. Copper), average specific resistance and good working properties. MANGANIN® is used by Isabellenhütte for their own components, particularly the ISA-WELD and ISA-PLAN resistors. It offers a maximum working temperature in the air of +140°C, with higher thermal loads in a non-oxidising atmosphere available. MANGANIN® is available in form of round wires from 0.02 to 8.00 mm2 which can be bare or enamelled to the highest standard, stranded wires, flat wires, ribbons or rods.
As with all Isabellenhütte alloys, all manufacturing from the raw material is done at their German plant with state-of-the-art equipment and under continuous testing to achieve a fully tracked manufacturing process. This allows Isabellenhütte to make slight adjustments in order to melt an alloy tailored to a customer’s requirement. Please see the datasheet in the Technical library, however, do not hesitate to contact us if what you require is not exactly matched.
- Resistance alloy CuMn12Ni
- Industry-standard material for precision, standard and shunt resistors
- Temperature coefficient of electrical resistance of ±10 ppm/°C between +20°C and +50°C
- Temperature range of up to +140°C in air
- Extremely low thermal EMF compared to Copper
- Suitable for soldering, brazing, welding and dip-tinning
Typical applications for MANGANIN® resistance alloy include:
- Precision, standard and shunt resistors for a range of industries (note to achieve highest quality component, resistors should be carefully stabilised, aged to relieve mechanical stress and the application temperature should not exceed 60°C)
- Low-cost replacement for silver solder for hard metal mounting
Isabellenhütte is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision alloys, offering the highest quality on the market. They produce precision resistance and thermocouple alloys for a variety of applications such as the ones listed above for their MANGANIN® alloy. Isabellenhütte & Rhopoint Components are your ideal partners when looking for any alloy requirements. Please visit www.isabellenhuette.de/en/ for more information.