The SC case-encapsulated precision resistor network series from Alpha Electronics is fully customisable and offers excellent performance in TCR tracking, resistance ratio matching and stability thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology. The SC ultra-precision resistor network series can offer up to a maximum of 10 resistive elements. Each resistive element can range from 30Ω up to 120kΩ all with tight tolerances, both absolute and matching, down to +0.01% (the maximum total resistance for the network is 1,200kΩ).
- Fully customisable resistor network with up to 10 resistor elements and 5 different standard circuit layouts to choose from
- Each resistor element is available in any resistance between 30Ω and 120kΩ
- Maximum resistance value for complete resistor network of 1,200kΩ
- Through-hole case-encapsulated package
- Tight absolute and matching tolerances as low as ±0.01% available
- Tight absolute TCR of ±5 ppm/°C (from -25°C up to +125°C)
- Tight tracking TCR available of between ±1 ppm/°C and ±3 ppm/°C depending on resistance ratio (Rmax. / Rmin.)
- Power rating of 1.5W for the complete resistor package (at +70°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +70°C
- Working temperature from -55°C up to +155°C
The SC case-encapsulated, through-hole, ultra-precision resistor network series exhibits excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision applications.
These resistors are fully customisable including the circuit layout. There are 5 standard circuit types available to choose from:
- Circuit layout A – resistor array
- Circuit layout B – independent resistors in the same package
- Circuit layout C – divider network
- Circuit layout E – circuit layout A split into 2 i.e. 2 separate resistor arrays
- Circuit layout F – circuit layout C split into 2 i.e. 2 separate divider networks
For full details, please see the ultra-precision resistor networks supporting document under the technical library tab.
Pin pitch for the Alpha SC series will be in multiples of 2.54mm.
The below table gives a summary of the specifications and options available for the Alpha SC series:
* TCR tracking is dependent on resistance ratio, please see Table 1
** Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition