The SM transfer moulded ultra-precision resistor 1-2-3 network series from Alpha Electronics offers a 3 terminal, 2 element resistor network in a small through-hole package. Each resistive element can range from 10Ω up to 30kΩ all with tight tolerances down to +0.02% absolute and +0.01% matching (50Ω to 30kΩ). By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce this resistor network series with low temperature coefficients (both absolute and tracking) as well as excellent long-term stability. The Alpha SM series offers three pins with a standard pin pitch of 2.54 ±0.25mm.
- 2 element resistor network
- Each resistor element is available in any resistance between 50Ω and 30kΩ
- Through-hole transfer moulded 3 pin package
- Tight absolute tolerance of ±0.02% for resistances between 100Ω and 30kΩ with an even tighter matching tolerance of ±0.01% over the same resistance range available
- Tight absolute TCR of ±2.5 ppm/°C (from -55°C up to +125°C)
- Tight tracking TCR available of between ±0.5 ppm/°C and ±3 ppm/°C depending on resistance ratio between the two elements
- Power rating of 0.3W per resistor package (at +125°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +125°C
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +150°C
The SM through-hole, ultra-precision resistor 1-2-3 network series exhibits excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision applications.
Alpha’s SM resistor network series are ideal for use in input and feedback resistors for amplifiers due to both the input and feedback resistors being incorporated into the same package, therefore amplification is not affected by temperature change.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha SM series:
* Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition
** Please contact us for resistance availability
TCR is from -25°C to +125°C for SLD Type