The HG resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers their ultra-precision resistor capabilities in a hermetically sealed package. With a resistance range from 1Ω up to 10kΩ all in a four-terminal (Kelvin) connection design through-hole package. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce resistors with low temperature coefficients and excellent long-term stability.
- Ultra-precision hermetically sealed resistor
- Available in any resistance between 1Ω and 10kΩ
- Through-hole package with four-terminal (Kelvin) connection design
- Tight tolerance options as low as ±0.005% available for resistances between 10Ω and 10kΩ
- Tight TCR options available of ±1 ppm/°C (from 0°C up to +65°C) or ±2.5 ppm/°C (from -55°C up to +125°C)
- Maximum working voltage of 300V
- Power rating of 0.3W (at +125°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +125°C
- Working temperature from -65°C up to +150°C
The Alpha Electronics HG hermetically sealed ultra-precision resistor series have been designed with longer leads to ensure the correct clearance from the PCB is achieved when soldering. It is advised that the resistors are kept over 10mm away from the board surface by using an insulating tube.
The below table gives a summary of the specifications available for each resistor model including the Alpha HG series:
* Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition
✝ Resistance figures are the values obtained by measuring the leads at point 12.7±3.2mm away from the base for type HC and HD, but, in case of resistance below 10Ω, the value at 1.6 ±0.6mm away from the base for all types
** Temperature characteristic Z is applicable for temperature range between 0°C and +60°C