The FRSM ultra high precision resistor series from VFR offers a resistance range between 5Ω and 125kΩ, all in a small 2512 surface-mount package with wrap-around terminations. These resistors utilise VFR’s newest Z-1 Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology for improved load life stability (up to 25ppm) and higher working temperatures (balanced temperature characteristics over a range from -55°C to more than 175°C). They have nominal temperature coefficients of resistance of ±0.05ppm/°C typical between 0°C to +60°C and ±0.2ppm/°C typical between -55°C to +125°C (+25°C reference) with tolerances available down to ±0.01% between 250Ω and 125kΩ.
- Ultra high precision wrap-around bulk foil chip resistor
- Available in any resistance between 5Ω and 125kΩ
- 2512 package
- Tolerances as low as ±0.01% over the resistance range of 250Ω up to 125kΩ
- TCR as low as ±0.2ppm/°C between -55° and +125°C, +25°C ref.
- Voltage rating 220V
- Power rating of 0.75W at +70°C
- Load life stability of 25ppm typical at 70°C, 2000h at rated power (50 ppm typical at 70°C, 10000h at rated power)
- Thermal stabilization time <1s (nominal value achieved within 10ppm of steady state value)
- Electrostatic discharge (EDS) of at least to 25kV
- Short time overload of ≤0.005% typical
- Rise time as low as 1ns, effectively no ringing
- Current noise of <0.010µVRMS/V of applied voltage (<-40dB)
- Non-hot spot design
- Terminal finishes available: lead (Pb) free, tin/lead alloy
The FRSM Z1 ultra high precision resistor series is also available as EEE-INST-002 compliant for space use. Please see the separate FRSM EEE (space qualified) product pages for further information.
Non-standard technical requirements such as resistance outside of standard range, lower tolerance or TCR are available upon request. Please contact us for further information and availability.
The below table gives full specifications for each resistor model available including the FRSM2512 series:
(1) For tighter TCR and/or resistance values up to 150k, please contact Application Engineering.