The KLC ultra-precision thermosensitive resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers a highly accurate device that has a resistivity which varies linearly with temperature change in a through-hole package. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce these resistors that are ideally designed for temperature detection, providing a small size and rapid response. The temperature characteristics for the KLC series can be freely adjusted, please see the datasheet under the Technical Library tab or the TCR against resistance values available graph below for further details.
- Ultra-precision thermosenstive through-hole resistor
- Available in a wide range of resistance values from 20Ω to 40kΩ
- Tolerance options from ±5.0% down to ±0.5% available
- Temperature characteristics can be freely adjusted and are almost linear
- Maximum working voltage of 300V
- Power rating of 0.25W (at +70°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +70°C
- Temperature range from -25°C up to +125°C
These Alpha KLC ultra-precision thermosensitive resistors are made of material only a few µm thick and responds rapidly to temperature changes. Strict control of foil composition maintains uniform quality without fluctuation of temperature characteristics of resistance. They are produced by the same fine photo-etching technology used in other metal foil precision resistors from Alpha.
The KLC series has a pin pitch of 7.62 ±0.25mm.
Typical applications for the KLC ultra-precision thermosensitive resistor series include:
- Cold junction reference for thermocouples
- Temperature compensation in load cells
- Temperature compensation device in semiconductor circuits
- Temperature sensing devices
The below graph represents possible TCR values against resistance values available for the KLC thermosensitive resistor series. Please see the datasheet under the Technical Library tab for the full specifications for the KLC series.
Graph showing possible TCR options against resistance values available in the KLC series.