The NLB ultra-precision thermosensitive resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers a highly accurate device that has a resistivity which varies linearly with temperature change in a through-hole package. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce these resistors that are ideally designed for temperature detection, providing a small size and rapid response.
- Ultra-precision thermosensitive through-hole resistor
- Stocked in a 1kΩ resistance value with a tolerance of ±0.5%
- Available in any resistance between 5Ω and 1kΩ
- Tolerance options from ±5.0% down to ±0.5% available
- Linear +6660 ±1% ppm/°C TCR characteristic (from 0 to +100°C)
- Response time of 1.3 seconds
- Maximum working voltage of 300V
- Power rating of 0.25W (at +70°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +70°C
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +125°C
These Alpha NLB ultra-precision thermosensitive resistors are made of material only a few µm thick and respond rapidly to temperature changes. Strict control of foil composition maintains uniform quality without fluctuation of temperature characteristics of resistance. They are produced by the same fine photo-etching technology used in other metal foil precision resistors from Alpha.
The NLB series has a pin pitch of 2.54 ±0.25mm.
Typical applications for the NLB ultra-precision thermosensitive resistor series include:
- Cold junction reference for thermocouples
- Temperature compensation in load cells
- Temperature compensation device in semiconductor circuits
- Temperature sensing devices
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha NLB series:
* Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition