The IL485E isolated RS-485 interface from NVE is an industry-standard differential bus transciever, designed to galvanically isolate bidirectional data communication over balanced transmission lines. The IL485 series is also compatible with 3V and 5V input supplies. The device uses NVE’s patented IsoLoop spintronic Giant
Magnetoresistance (GMR) technology and comes in a 0.3" 16-pin SOIC
IL485 was the first isolated RS-485 transciever in a standard 16-pin SOIC package to meed the ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485.
- Industry-standard, surface-mount RS-485 isolated transceiver
- Power supply VDD1 3.3V to 5V, VDD2 4.5V to 5.5V
- Data rate of 35Mbps
- 1ns typical pulse skew
- Isolation voltage of 2.5kVRMS per VDE V 0884-10
- Operating temperature range of −40°C to +85°C
- PROFIBUS compatible
- ±60mA Driver output capability
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Typical propagation delay of 24ns (5V)
- UL 1577 and IEC 61010-2001 approved, meets or exceeds ANSI RS-485 and ISO 8482:1987(E)
- 0.3" 16-pin SOIC package
The IL485 series has current limiting and thermal shutdown features to protect against output short circuits and bus contentions that may cause excessive power dissipation.
Typical applications for the IL485 series include:
- Multi-point or multi-drop transmission on long bus lines in noisy environments
|Maximum Data Rate||35Mbps|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Propagation Delay||24ns at 5V typical (32ns maximum)|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU.