The MB ultra-precision transfer moulded resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers a wide resistance range from 5Ω up to 400kΩ with tight tolerances, all in a small through-hole package with a pin pitch of 7.5 ±0.5mm. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce resistors with low temperature coefficients and excellent long-term stability.
- Ultra-precision transfer moulded resistor
- Available in any resistance between 1Ω and 200kΩ
- Through-hole package with a pin pitch of 7.5±0.5mm
- Tight tolerance options as low as ±0.005% available for resistances between 30Ω and 400kΩ
- Tight TCR options available of ±1 ppm/°C (from 0°C up to +65°C, between 30Ω and 400kΩ) or ±2.5 ppm/°C (from -55°C up to +125°C, between 30Ω and 400kΩ)
- Maximum working voltage of 350V
- Power rating of 0.5W (at +125°C) or 0.3W (at 200kΩ or above)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +125°C
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +175°C
Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology means that these transfer moulded, through-hole, ultra-precision resistors are ideal for precision measurements, also their low inductance makes them ideal for use at higher frequencies.
These resistors are constructed using an outer coating of transfer moulded epoxy resin, making the parts strongly resistant to heat, moisture and solvents. Internally, there are secondary leads which act as a buffer so that stress on the exterior leads is not transmitted to the foil, providing stability against vibrations when the resistor is mounted on a circuit.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha MB series:
* Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition
✝ Resistance figures are the values obtained by measuring the leads at point 12.7±3.2mm away from the base for type MB, MC and MD, but, in case of resistance below 10Ω, the value at 1.6 ±0.6mm away from the base for all types
** Temperature characteristic Z is applicable for temperature range between 0°C and +60°C