The MX500 series from Caddock are cost effective high voltage resistors for industrial and general purpose applications, with a resistance range from 1MΩ to 1000MΩ and a maximum operating temperature of +175°C. These parts are the RoHS equivalent to the Caddock MX400 series, they have a maximum power rating of up to 10W (MX585 model) and tolerance of ±1.0% standard. The MX500 resistors combine the proven performance of Caddock’s Micronox® resistance system with new cost-efficient design elements and the non-inductive serpentine pattern coated with the high-quality, high-temperature black silicone conformal coating material. These resistors are intended for the design of high voltage systems where the system is not exposed to full military or space grade operating conditions.
- High ohmic high voltage axial leaded through-hole resistor
- Utilises Caddock’s Micronox® resistance film
- Coated with the high-quality, high-temperature black silicone conformal coating material
- Lead wires feature Caddock’s standard RoHS compliant axial lead resistor lead wire, a nickel clad copper wire with a thin gold plate
- Resistance values available between 1MΩ and 1000MΩ
- TCR ±80 ppm/°C (between 0°C and +70°C)
- Tolerance of ±1.0% standard
- Maximum power rating of up to 10W (MX585 model)
- Maximum operating temperature +175°C
- Five sizes and power ratings
For full military or space grade operating conditions, we recommend Caddock’s TG Low TC precision high voltage resistors or MG precision high voltage resistors.
The below table gives the specifications available for the complete MX500 resistor series:
1. Power rating (wattage): maximum continuos power in free-air up to +70°C
2. Operating voltage (rms AC or DC): maximum continuos operating voltage applied in free-air up to +70°C, not to exceed rated power
3. Temperature coefficient: 80ppm/°C ref. to +25°C, ΔR taken at 0°C and +70°C