The MQ ultra-precision surface-mount resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers a wide resistance range from 30Ω up to 60kΩ with tight tolerances down to ±0.05% (100Ω to 60kΩ), all in a small surface-mount package. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to produce resistors with low-temperature coefficients and excellent long-term stability. The Alpha MQ series J-lead terminals provide flexibility compared to standard fixed surface-mount resistors as the resistive element internally is mechanically isolated from the leads via gold wire-bonding.
These resistors are constructed using an outer coating of epoxy resin, which provides excellent resistance to moisture, heat and solvents. Internally, the resistive element is mechanically isolated from the lead frames using gold wire bonding. The series exhibits excellent high-frequency characteristics thanks to their Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision applications.
- Surface-mount ultra-precision resistor
- Surface-mount moulded package with J-lead terminations
- Available in any resistance between 30Ω and 60kΩ
- The resistive element is mechanically isolated from the contact terminals
- Tolerance as low as ±0.05% (dependant on resistance values)
- TCR of ±5 ppm/°C or ±10 ppm/°C (dependant on resistance values)
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +175°C
- Maximum working voltage of 100V
- Maximum working current of 0.35A
- Power rating of 0.125W (at +125°C)
Typical applications for the MQ ultra-precision resistor series include:
- Sceintific instrumentation
- Test & Measurement equipment
Alpha Electronics MQ Series Specification Table
|Resistance value||30Ω to 60kΩ|
|Tolerance||±0.05% or ±0.1%|
|TCR||±5ppm/°C or ±10ppm/°C (-55 to +125°C)|
|Temperature range||-65°C to +175°C|
|Power rating (at 125°C)||0.125W|
Alpha Electronics are manufacturers of some of the most stable and precise resistors on the market. As part of the VPG Foil Resistors product group, the Alpha Electronics brand is globally rewarded for the accuracy and reliability of their Bulk Metal® Foil technology resistors. Alpha Electronics has been living the conviction globally known to engineers for consistently delivering the highly desirable characteristics of “Stability, Accuracy and Reliability”. Please visit https://www.alpha-elec.co.jp for more information.