The PC ultra-precision through-hole power resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers 4-terminal (Kelvin) connection for current sensing and a power rating of up to 10W on a heat sink using the mounting tabs provided or 2W in free air (at 25°C) over the resistance range 0.002Ω to 100Ω. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to offer low temperature coefficients down to ±2.5 ppm/°C between the resistance range 0.1Ω and 100Ω as well as tight tolerances down to ±0.01% between 25Ω and 100Ω.
- Ultra-precision through-hole power resistor
- Each resistor is available in any resistance between 0.002Ω and 100Ω
- 4-Terminal (Kelvin) connection through-hole case-encapsulated package with heat sink mounting
- Power rating of 10W on a heat sink or 2W in free air at +25°C
- Tight tolerances as low as ±0.01% available between 25Ω and 100Ω
- Tight TCR available of ±2.5 ppm/°C between 0.1Ω and 100Ω
- Maximum working voltage of 750V
- Maximum working current of 32A
- Maximum rated operating temperature +25°C
- Working temperature from -55°C up to +155°C
The PC case-encapsulated, through-hole, ultra-precision power resistor series exhibits excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision and high power applications.
Their 4-terminal design and high precision make them ideal for current sensing applications.
Pin pitch for the Alpha PC series is 15.0 ±0.5mm.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha PC series:
* Symbols parenthesized are for part number composition
✝ Resistance figures for type PB are the values obtained by measuring the leads at point 12.7±3.2mm away from the root, but in case of resistance value below 10Ω, the values at 5.08 ±0.6mm away
** For heat sinking, an aluminium chassis in 152.4 (L) x 101.6 (W) x 50.8 (H) x 1.0mm (T) shall be used