The PE ultra-precision power shunt resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers 4-terminal (Kelvin) connection for current sensing and a power rating of up to 10W on a heat sink or 1.5W in free air (at +70°C) over a resistance range of 0.5Ω to 500Ω. By utilising Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, they are able to offer low temperature coefficients down to ±2.5 ppm/°C between the resistance range 5Ω and 500Ω as well as tight tolerances down to ±0.01% between 25Ω and 500Ω.
- Ultra-precision through-hole power shunt resistor
- Each resistor is available in any resistance between 0.5Ω and 500Ω
- 4-terminal (Kelvin) connection TO package shunt
- Power rating of 10W on a heat sink or 1.5W in free air at +70°C
- Tight tolerances as low as ±0.01% available between 25Ω and 500Ω
- Tight TCR available of ±2.5 ppm/°C between 5Ω and 500Ω
- Maximum working current of 5A
- Maximum rated operating temperature +70°C
- Temperature range from -55°C up to +155°C
The PE ultra-precision shunt resistor series exhibits excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to Alpha’s Bulk Metal® foil resistor technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision and high power applications.
Their 4-terminal design and high precision make them ideal for current sensing applications.
Pin pitch for the Alpha PE series is 5.08 ±0.5mm.
The below table gives a summary of the specifications and options available for the Alpha PE series:
** For heat sinking, an aluminium chassis in 152.4 (L) x 101.6 (W) x 50.8 (H) x 1.0mm (T) shall be used