The RdF 29309 RTD temperature sensor series offers a small rugged design that allows the sensor to conform on curved surfaces for an accurate response in milliseconds (<0.3s on a metal surface).
This RTD platinum sensor is welded within a Kapton® / Teflon® lamination that completely encapsulates the assembly and lead entrance which provides moisture resistance for condensing environments or shallow immersion. This enables outstanding durability and flexibility for use. The 29309 series has an operating temperature range from -200°C up to +260°C and has long term stability exceeding ±0.05°C per 5 years.
Available with sensing element resistances of 100Ω and 1000Ω at 0°C with an IEC 751 Class B accuracy.
The leads of the sensor are comprised of 28 AWG nickel-coated, stranded copper PFA Teflon® insulated parallel conductors, with a standard length of 12 inches. These can be customised should you require.
- Surface platinum RTD temperature sensor
- Temperature range -200°C to +260°C (-320°F to +500°F)
- Self-heating is typically less than 15mW/°C
- Time constant of <0.3sec on metal surfaces
- Ice point resistance of 100 ±0.12Ω or 1000 ±1.2Ω, International Class B, (±0.12%)
- Interchangeability ±(0.3°C @ 0°C +0.005 |t|°C) IEC 751 Class B above -50°C
- Long term stability <0.05°C per 5 years (0.02Ω, above -50°C)
- Maximum current 100Ω = 5mA, 1000Ω = 2mA for limited seIf heating
- Recommended maximum current of 1mA<
- Lead wires of 28 AWG nickel-plated copper, PFA Teflon® insulated ribbon cable
- 4 wire configuration
- Encapsulated in Kapton®
RdF 29309 Series Specification Table
|Platinum sensing element||T01: 100Ω ±0.12Ω @ 0°C |
T10: 1000Ω ±1.2Ω @ 0°C
|Accuracy||IEC 751 Class B >-50°C: ±(0.3°C @ 0°C +0.005 |t|°C)|
|Temperature range||-200°C to 260°C (-320°F to 500°F)|
|Response time||<0.3 seconds on metal surfaces|
|Insulation resistance||50MΩ minimum at 50V DC at 25°C|
|Recommended operating current||1mA|
|Number of wires||4|
|Lead wires||28 AWG stranded nickel plated copper, |
PFA Teflon® insulated ribbon cable
RdF is the world’s leading innovator in the design, development and production of surface, insertion and immersion temperature and heat flow sensors. Every product in this catalogue is a class leader in ease-of-use, toughness and long-term reliability, all at low cost. Please visit www.rdfcorp.com for more information.