The MP930 Kool-Pak® power film resistors from Caddock have a heat sink mountable design featuring an exposed ceramic heat dissipating mounting surface and is available at a low cost. The resistance range is from 0.02Ω up to 4.99kΩ with a power rating of up to 30W at +25°C (case temperature derated to zero at +150°C). The MP930 series tolerance options available are ±5.0% from 0.02Ω up to 0.04Ω, ±1.0% from 0.05Ω and above with ±5.0% and ±20.0% options available for most resistance values. The MP930 series Kool-Pak® power film resistors are constructed with Caddock’s Micronox® resistance film fired onto a flat ceramic substrate. The terminal attachment and resistance element geometry are configured to provide outstanding non-inductive performance.
- Kool-Pak® power film through-hole resistor
- Low-cost heat sink mountable design featuring an exposed ceramic heat dissipating mounting surface
- Resistance values available between 0.02Ω and 4.99kΩ
- Non-inductive design
- TCR of 0 to +300 ppm/°C (between 0.02Ω and 0.049Ω), 0 to +200 ppm/°C (between 0.05Ω and 0.49Ω) and -20 to +80 ppm/°C (from 0.5Ω and above)
- Tolerance of ±5.0% from 0.02Ω up to 0.04Ω and ±1.0% from 0.05Ω and above (±5.0% and ±20.0% are available for most resistance values)
- Power rating of up to 30W at +25°C case temperature derated to zero at +150°C
- Maximum voltage 250V
- Maximum temperature 150°C
Use your thermal design experience with power semiconductors in TO-220 style power packages to help you get the most out of this unique family of power resistors. The thermal design issues are the same where power handling capability is based on the case temperature which is maintained in your design.
The below table gives the specifications available for the complete MP900 resistor series including the MP930:
* Please see the datasheet for the derating curve.