The X7R (Type 2) high voltage, stable ceramic chip MLCC capacitor series from SRT Microcéramique offers a vast range of options to suit any demand, including capacitance between 10pF to 470nF across a range of chip sizes from 1206 to 8060, selection of tolerances (±5%, ±10% or ±20%), voltages (2kV, 3kV, 4kV, 5kV and 10kV) and a wide range of terminations. As with all SRT-MC components, the X7R capacitors are popular in safety-critical industries thanks to their excellent quality and reliability. Their operating temperature is between -55°C and +125°C.
- High voltage, ceramic, chip MLCC capacitor
- Available in capacitance ratings between 10pF and 470nF
- Available in standard chip sizes from 1206 to 8060
- Dissipation factor under 0.025 at 1kHz for C ≥ 1nF and under 0.025 at 1MHz for C ≤ 1nF
- Temperature coefficient of ±30ppm
- Selection of voltage ratings: 2kV, 3kV, 4kV, 5kV and 10kV
- Selection of tolerances: ±5%, ±10% and ±20%
- Operating temperature between -55°C and +125°C
Termination options available include:
- Gold-plated Silver
- Tin-plated Nickel
- Tin-plated Copper
- Flexible Tin-plated polymer (Microflex), improving the resistance to brittle fracture if the board is subject to flexion or vibration
While this capacitor series offers a large number of options, customisation is possible on all SRT Microcéramique components – if none of the options are suitable for your application, please contact us to discuss the custom solutions available.
The dielectric strength test for the X7R capacitors is performed per method 103 or EIA 198-2-E, applying 1.2Un for 5s with 50mA maximum charging current.
Typical applications for the SRT-MC X7R series of high voltage ceramic capacitors include:
The below table gives the specifications overview for each capacitor model available within the X7R series between 2kV and 10kV: