The MPP Z-foil resistor series from Alpha Electronics offers ultra high-precision including a TCR of ±0.2 ppm/°C (typical) as well as a wide resistance range from 30Ω up to 20kΩ, all in a small surface-mount package. By utilising Alpha’s Z-foil resistor technology, they are able to produce resistors with a temperature coefficient of almost zero and excellent long-term stability. Expanding on the standard Alpha MP series, the MPP series offers double the power rating at +70°C and the same power rating up to +125°C. The J-lead terminals provide flexibility compared to standard fixed surface-mount resistors as the resistive element internally is mechanically isolated from the leads via gold wire-bonding.
- Surface-mount ultra-precision resistor
- Available in any resistance between 30Ω and 20kΩ
- Surface-mount moulded package with J-lead terminations
- The resistive element is mechanically isolated from the contact terminals
- Tight tolerance of ±0.05% for resistances between 100Ω and 30kΩ
- Tight TCR of ±0.2 ppm/°C (typical) thanks to Alpha’s Z-foil technology.
- Maximum working voltage of 50V
- Maximum working current of 0.35A
- Power rating of 0.2W (at +70°C)
- Maximum rated operating temperature +125°C
- Temperature range from -65°C up to +175°C
Alpha’s MPP surface-mount, ultra high-precision resistor series exhibit excellent high frequency characteristics thanks to their new generation Z-foil technology, making them suitable for the most demanding precision applications.
These resistors are constructed using an outer coating of epoxy resin, which provides excellent resistance to moisture, heat and solvents. Internally, the resistive element is mechanically isolated from the lead frames using gold wire-bonding.
The below table gives the full specifications for each resistor model available including the Alpha MPP series:
* Please contact us for tighter tolerances