Utilising an fully active four-arm Wheatstone bridge, this sensor incorporates a dielectrically isolated bulk silicon sensing element based on proprietary technology. Its purposeful design is geared towards enduring the challenging conditions of high-pressure and high-temperature environments prevalent in downhole oil and gas exploration.
The standard configuration includes a 3/8”-24 UNF-2A process connection with a 74° cone, a compensated millivolt output signal, a 12.7mm diameter housing, and solder hooks. Additionally, a PT1000 RTD temperature output is included as a standard feature, enhancing its measurement capabilities.
The CS90 Downhole Pressure Sensor boasts a typical compensated output of 10mV/V, with a maximum excitation of 10VDC. This generous output simplifies signal conditioning, providing a user-friendly experience. For legacy installations, an alternative output sensitivity of 2.6mV/V is available, and custom output sensitivities can be accommodated upon request.
All these advanced features are packaged in a small, compact unit with a typical diameter of 12.7mm. Given its compact form, it allows seamless integration into downhole tools without compromising space. Notably, the CS90 is designed without a hex on the front end (adjacent to the process connection threads) to ensure compatibility with drilling tools in confined spaces. However, a hex is incorporated on the back end (near the solder hooks) for ease of installation.
- Downhole Pressure Sensor
- Configurable pressure ranges from 5,000 to 30,000 PSI sealed gauge
- Accuracy of ≤±0.2% BFSL *
- Stability of ≤±0.25% of FS (1 year)
- Overpressure of 1.5x rated pressure
- Burst pressure of 3x rated pressure
- Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) Class A, PT1000
- Typical compensated output of 10mV/V** with an excitation*** of 10VDC (max)
- Operating temperature of −40°C to +204°C
- Compensated temperature of +25°C to +150°C
- 3/8”-24 UNF-2A w/ 74° cone process connection
- Wetted material of Inconel 718 (UNS N07718)
- Polynomial data available upon request
* Accuracy includes non-linearity, hysteresis and non-repeatability
** For legacy installations, 2.6mV/V is available
** Sensor will operate off of any voltage up to 10VDC. Output is ratiometric to supply voltage used.
Typical applications for the CS90 downhole pressure sensor include:
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
- Logging While Drilling (LWD)
- Pressure While Drilling (PWD)
- Wireline and Rotary Tools
- Downhole Tools
- Oil & Gas Exploration
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, Core Sensors products are not authorised for use in applications including medical devices, life support systems, in-flight aerospace, nuclear or any other application where the product failure could result in personal injury or death.
To view the wiring schematic, please visit core-sensors.com/wiring/millivolt-output/
Core Sensors design and manufacture high-quality sensors for measuring pressure and temperature properties for industrial and hazardous applications worldwide. Core offers solutions for industrial, submersible, differential and hazardous applications in both standard and custom packaging. In-house design and manufacturing capabilities along with strategic manufacturing partners allow Core to create solutions to some of the most complex sensor requirements. Please visit https://core-sensors.com for more information.