The IL516-3E DC-correct four channel digital isolators from NVE are a low-cost isolator alternative to opto-couplers, operating up to 2 Mbps over an operating temperature range of −40ºC to 85ºC. These devices use NVE’s patented IsoLoop® spintronic Giant Magnetoresistive (GMR) technology. A unique ceramic/polymer composite barrier provides excellent isolation and virtually unlimited barrier life. The IL516-3E from NVE have a pulse width distortion of 10ns with an isolation of 2.5KVRMS and a transient immunity of 20kV/microsecond, internal refresh clock which ensures the synchronisation of input and output within 9 μs of the supply passing the 1.5 V threshold.
- Surface-mount DC-correct digital isolator
- Multidirectional four channel isolation
- Power supply between 3V and 5V
- Maximum speed of 2Mbps
- Typical quiescent current of 0.0013A/channel
- High voltage endurance of 1000VRMS/1500VDC
- Operating temperature range of −40°C to +85°C
- Common mode transient immunity of 30 kV/μs min. and 50 kV/μs typ.
- Low EMC footprint
- Pulse width distortion of 10ns
- Propagation delay of 25ns
- Barrier life of 44000 years
- UL 1577 recognised; IEC 60747-5-5 (VDE 0884) certified
- 16-pin 0.15" wide SOIC package
The IL516 isolators can be used with Power on Reset (POR) circuits common in microcontroller applications, as the means of ensuring the output of the device is in the same state as the input a short time after power up.
The NVE IL516 series DC-correct four channel digital isolators are ideal for the following applications
- ADC's and DAC's
- Digital filedbus
- Multiplexed data transmission
- Data interfaces
- Board to board communication
- Digital noise reduction
- Ground loop elimination
- Parallel bus
- Peripheral interfaces
- Logic level shifting
|Creepage Distance||4mm min.|
|Maximum Data Rate||2Mbps|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Supply Voltage||3V to 5V|
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU.