- Precision digital magnetic sensor
- Digital NPN open-collector output
- Supply voltage 4.5Vcc to 30Vcc
- Supply current 2.5mA (Vcc=12V)
- Output drive 20mA
- Temperature and voltage stability
- MSOP8 package
- Frequency response to 100KHz
The AD621 sensor outputs turn ON when the magnetic field exceeds the 20 Oe operate point, and OFF when the field drops below 10 Oe. The output is “Omnipolar”, meaning the output will turn ON irrespective of the magnetic field polarity. Digital switching is achieved when the magnetic field passes across the axis of the IC. The AD621 outputs consist of one NPN open-collector current-sink and one PNP open collector current-source output. These outputs should have external pull-up and pull-down resistors. For microcontroller interfaces, the microcontroller’s input resistors can be activated.
Typical applications for the AD series include:
- Motion, speed and position sensing
- Pneumatic cylinder position sensing
- Speed sensing
We are pleased to provide you with a range of additional content including videos, product datasheets, case studies, white papers and application notes for your reference. Please see below for the latest content available:
This product is available fully compliant to the RoHS EU directive 2011/65/EU.